Turn ordinary ice into fluffy, deliciously flavored snow with Back to Basicsí kid-friendly Manual Ice Shaver. Itís the perfect addition to any kitchen, because the easy-to-turn top hand crank and safely enclosed ice chamber make it simple for little hands to operate. Its attached drip tray makes cleaning up a snap; the machine itself doesnít even need to be washed if youíre using plain ice. This 5.5-inch by 8-inch by 10.8-inch Manual Ice Shaver is a must-have for sleepovers, pool parties and cozy get-togethers.
This machine is also available in a party pack
with three flavored syrups, straws, and cups. Donít forget to check out our wide selection of flavored syrups
Getting Started With Your Machine
We love the Cool Ice Manual Ice Shaver by Back to Basics. This easy-to-assemble machine comes with the following:
- Ice Cups (2)
Before using this manual shaver, fill the two supplied ice cups with water and place flat in your freezer. When frozen solid, loosen the ice block by holding the mold in your hand for a few seconds to warm up. A great way to stock up is to remove the ice and place the block in a freezer safe bag. Continue making ice until you've stocked up your desired amount for future use. Ice cubes will also work in this machine but require a little more effort to turn the handle.
To assemble the shaver, simply screw the handle into the top in a clockwise direction. To begin shaving, unscrew the blue ice gripper from the top of the machine. Go ahead and place your ice block (removed from the mold) in the ice container. Position the empty ice cup or small bowl underneath the blade to catch your freshly shaved snow!
Twist the lid and handle assembly on the machine clockwise until tight. Turn the handle clockwise and apply downward pressure to shave the ice. After shaving your desired amount of snow, transfer to our sturdy snow cone cups, add your favorite Snow Cone Syrup and enjoy your frosty treat!
When the ice block is completely shaved, empty out any remaining ice or water and add a new block of ice to make more!
After each use, shake out any water or ice particles remaining in the machine. It's not necessary to wash the machine after using ice made only from water. Simply dry the machine with a cloth, being careful not to injure yourself on the blade.
Download the Instruction Manual
Frequently Asked Questions
- This machine is so cute and my kids would love it! Is it safe and easy for them to use?
- Absolutely. This is probably the most kid-friendly machine we offer. However, we do suggest adult supervision because the blade is extremely sharp. The machine is very easy-to-use and is not hard to turn. Depending on the age of the kids, they may need to borrow your strength.
- Sweet! Does that sharp blade ever get dull? If so, where can I find replacement blades?
- Unfortunately, we do not offer replacement blades for this machine. The blade will eventually get dull, but you'll be ready for an upgrade by the time that happens. If you're concerned about not getting blades, consider the Electric Shaved Ice Machine (S900a). We do offer replacement blades for that bad boy.
- Is this machine suitable for a party with 10 friends?
- Sure! You can squeeze out ten servings with this manual ice shaver. Many more servings and we would recommend you to one of our electric machines.
- Yay! I'm excited. I understand that my ice will be frozen in the mold provided. Can I add syrup to that before freezing and shave the flavor without adding syrup after shaving?
- Sure, you can try anything you want. We don't guarantee any results when you try different techniques other than the manufacturers recommendations. This machine will give youa nice fluffy ice and we recommend adding the syrup after you have shaved the block of ice.