In November, the Hawaiian Shaved Ice team put together a November Bucket list full of fun activities to celebrate fall and Thanksgiving. Since we are already into December, we thought it would be fun to make another list. This time, our team has assembled a list of 25 Days of Christmas Activities. These activities are great to celebrate the season and are perfect for the whole family.
1. Make hot chocolate, and add lots of marshmallows! (You can even make a marshmallow snowman buddy!)
2. Snuggle on the couch and watch your favorite Christmas movies.
3. Take a family photo with Santa Claus.
4. Go to a Christmas Parade.
5. Make Christmas tree ornaments. (My family likes to make salt dough ornaments.)
6. Put up and decorate a Christmas tree.
7. Hang Christmas lights outside.
8. Design Christmas cards and mail them to family and friends.
9. Go Christmas caroling.
10. Decorate a gingerbread house.
11. Mail letters to Santa Claus.
12. Host a cookie baking get-together (or cookie swap).
13. Adopt a child or family for the holidays. Shop and wrap gifts to give.
14. Start a new family tradition and make a meal to give to a local family.
15. Read a Christmas book.
16. Drive around to look at Christmas lights.
17. Do a Christmas craft or make DIY gifts.
18. Wrap presents and put them under the tree.
19. Make some Candy Can Cotton Candy.
20. Donate canned goods to a local food pantry, a toy to Toys for Tots, or a coat to a winter coat drive.
21. Play the White Elephant gift game.
22. Leave surprise gifts for your neighbors with a “You've Been Jingled” note.
23. Bake cookies for Santa Claus. (And don’t forget about reindeer food.)
24. Open one gift on Christmas Eve. In our house, the traditional Christmas Eve gift is Christmas pajamas.
25. Celebrate Christmas!