What was once observed as a very secular feast in honor of the saint has over time, evolved into a worldwide festival with parades, drinks, special treats and everything green. This year, we suggest you save yourself a trip to the rowdy local bar or pub and get into the spirit of Saint Patrick’s Day with something a little bit different, and much more refreshing—shaved ice and snow cones.
With the luck of the Irish and these creative shaved ice tricks, you’re sure to make the day even more memorable (and green), no matter if you are hosting a St. Patrick’s Day party or just sharing some holiday cheer.
Salty Frog Shaved Ice Recipe
Servings: 1 Time: 2 minutes Tools: Ice Shaver
- 12 oz. of Shaved Ice
- 2.5 oz. of Lime Flavored Syrup
- 2.5 oz. of Kiwi Flavored Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon of Kosher Salt
- Step 1: Flip your preferred cup upside down into a shallow bowl or plate of water.
- Step 2: For the rim of the cup, evenly dip it into another shallow dish of salt.
- Step 3: Using your Hawaiian Shaved Ice machine, shave 12 ounces of ice into the cup.
- Step 4: Starting from the left side, pour lime syrup in a straight line across the ice, covering the entire left half.
- Step 5: Next, pour kiwi syrup in a straight line, covering the right half of the ice.
- Step 6: Serve with a spoon or a spoon-straw.
If you’re looking for a more grown-up flavor for an adult gathering, you may want to consider trading in your green beers for our brand new mojito flavored shaved ice and snow cone syrup! It has the authentic taste of the real Cuban cocktail that you love, but with no alcohol. You can savor the deliciously unique combination of lime juice, sparkling water, white rum and mint without worry. Once you make your shaved ice or snow cones, splash some mojito syrup on top. The neon green color and rejuvenating flavor will put a smile on your face and really put you in the Saint Patrick’s Day mood!
Do you have any special plans or recipes ready for Saint Patrick’s Day? Please share them with us on our Facebook page! We look forward to hearing from you.
For more fun holiday ideas, tips and much more, check back with us here at Hawaiian Shaved Ice!