Here are five healthy snack recipes that we've been trying out at the office and at home:
- Greek Yogurt Bark - Mix 1 ½ cups of plain Greek yogurt with 3 tablespoons of honey. Pour onto a baking sheet and spread into a thick layer. Top it with your favorite toppings -- granola, dark chocolate chips, dried fruit, pecans, etc. Place your baking sheet in the freezer until it is fully frozen. Break the frozen bark into pieces and serve immediately or keep in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Zucchini Pizza Bites - Preheat oven on broil. Cut your zucchini into ¼ inch slices, and toss them with olive oil. Cook on the stove in a frying pan until golden. Season with salt and pepper. Place rounds onto a baking sheet. Top each round with marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and mini pepperonis, if desired. Place under broiler until the cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy!
- Frozen Yogurt Covered Berries - Wash berries of your choice. Berries that work well in this recipe include blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries. Dip each clean berry into yogurt. To keep your hands from getting too messy, you can always use a toothpick. Place each yogurt-covered berry onto a baking sheet or plate that has been covered with parchment or wax paper. Freeze for at least 1 hour. Enjoy or store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Peanut Butter & Banana Bites - Spread peanut butter on a wheat tortilla wrap. Peel a banana. Place the entire banana onto the wrap and roll it up like a burrito. Cut the wrapped banana into ½" to 1" slices.
- Sriracha Popcorn - Pop some popcorn with canola oil in a Carnüs Popcorn Maker. While the popcorn is popping, melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter in a covered microwave safe bowl. Stir in Sriracha to taste. Drizzle the Sriracha butter over the popcorn and toss. Add a little salt, if desired.