This year, make spring cleaning part of a family ritual. Everyone can pitch in and help. The Hawaiian Shaved Ice team has pulled together a list of age appropriate chores so even the littlest members of the family can get involved.
- Sort shoes into piles of winter shoes (boots) and spring/summer shoes.
- Wipe window sills with a dust cloth or feather duster.
- Pick up sticks in the yard.
- Wipe down outdoor toys with a cloth and soapy water.
- Swap out winter clothes for spring clothes in drawers and closet.
- Help put mulch into the flower beds.
- Sort outdoor toys, getting rid of broken and outgrown toys.
- Clean up bedroom.
- Wipe down door handles, light switches, and remotes.
- Sort clothes and set aside ones that are too small for hand-me-downs or donation.
- Organize bedroom and closet.
- Help rake outside.
- Wipe down outdoor furniture.
- Sweep the sidewalk and/or porch.
- Clean and organize bedroom drawers and closet.
- Clean refrigerator/freezer by wiping down shelves and drawers.
- Make a list of toys and clothes to be donated and help pack donation boxes.
- Help with gardening by prepping beds and planting flowers.
- Organize garage and/or shed.
Do your kids help out with spring cleaning? What chores do they take on? Tell us over on our Facebook page. We'd love to add to our lists!